Slow Internet with Netgear EX2700 Extender? Try These Tips!
3 out of 5 users have noticed that their WiFi has gone slow after Netgear EX2700 setup. It takes ages to download or load up a web page. Slow WiFi issues can persist due to numerous reasons. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Number of devices connected to a single WiFi network.
- Router and your Netgear EX2700 extender placed at a bad location.
To fix the issue of slow internet, try a few simple yet effective tips given below.
Tips the Fix the Slow WiFi Issues
Change the Location of Your Netgear Extender – Not all areas are suitable for your Netgear EX2700 extender. You need to avoid placing your extender on a lower surface, inside cabinet or near to those devices that lead to connectivity issues. Moreover, the place you choose for your Netgear WiFi extender must not be in reach of public WiFi.
Disconnect Unknown Connected Devices – You can give a vast number of devices to your extender’s WiFi network to use the internet without any hassle. But the question is, do you really want to access the internet on all of them? Think twice! If the answer is in no, then simply head towards the WiFi settings and turn off the access to those devices that are not in use.
Change the Default Netgear Extender Password – The manufacturer of your Netgear EX2700 extender offer access to the default username and password its users for making their WiFi device running smoothly. But after completing the Netgear extender setup process, you don’t bother to change the EX2700 default login credentials. As a result, it leads to unauthorized access and slow WiFi. In order to fix the issue and to secure your WiFi, change the default login credentials on your Netgear EX2700 extender.
Update Your EX2700 – Netgear extender firmware updates usually come with improved security, bug fixes, and functionally improvements. It is crucial to download and install the latest firmware version on your Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender whenever it is available.
You can easily update the EX2700’s firmware by following a few simple steps given below.
- Power on a PC, laptop, Android or iOS device.
- Open a web browser of an up-to-date version in it.
- Go to the browser’s address bar.
- Use mywifiext local for iOS and mywifiext.net for Windows or Android devices.
- A login window will appear.
- Enter the EX2700’s login credentials and click on Log In to proceed.
- Once logged in successfully, click on Firmware Update.
- Download the firmware for your EX2700 and then upload it.
- The Netgear extender firmware update process will execute on the same page.
- Let the Netgear firmware update process gets completed. It is advised – do not interrupt the firmware update process as it may pull your EX2700 into big issues.
Power Cycle your Netgear EX2700 Extender – This might sound weird to you, but trust us, this is the most useful advice. A simple reboot or restart of your Netgear EX2700 extender can speed up your WiFi range and speed. To execute the process, follow the steps given below.
- Unplug your Netgear extender from the main power outlet.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Plug EX2700 back in again.
- It will take a couple of minutes to boot up. So, you are suggested – not to interrupt the power cycle process.
To Sum Up
We hope that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps have helped you in speeding up your WiFi? Is simply shifting of your Netgear extender fixed the issue for you or configuring EX2700 helped you in making the most out of your WiFi? Please let us know through the comments section which one of the troubleshooting fixes have proven helpful to you.