Test For Usability And User Experience Barriers In A System Design
When you design a system that should be high in user experience, you will need to consider that there are no user experience barriers to overcome. For this you will need to test the usability of the design, preferably in every stage of your design process.
It can be very frustrating for the users to have to wait for a specific task to be completed and if the system itself is very slow. It will also raise the suspicion of the users on the product just as their anxiety.
As a result of all the above, you will lose a user that could have been a prospective client and loyal customer.
Consider The User Goal
Whether you are designing a regular app or a special app, you should always keep the user goal in your mind as your top priority to achieve. This is a crucial factor to consider as user goals and expectations may vary according to the type of app you design. Therefore. UX design should not be taken as it is laid. Instead a lot of research should be done before you start on with a project.
- For example, if you are designing a finance app every thing will usually happen within the computer. Anything that involves a user right from the start to finish, may cause a distraction if the design is not perfect. This will not only affect the productivity but will also result in errors that may be costly.
- As for other apps, it is required that you make it more engaging, friendly, easy to use and navigate for the users. There should not be any an unpleasant distraction, though you may add a few other elements apart from those that have a direct relation with the objective of the app in it.
However, for all types of design it is not the success of the task that is the final step of it. The success will largely, if not entirely depend on how happy the users are when they use your product. Therefore, there is no other alternative to Usability testing if you really want to succeed with your product and at the same time make a mark as a successful UX designer.
Take Context Into Account
The bottom line is that the UX designers must take the entire context into account before, during and even after the design process.
- They must find out the flaws in it with a very critical eye. This will ensure that the product is high in performance and functionality.
- In addition to that designers also need to find out useful and effective ways in which the product can reduce the time taken to complete a task as well as reduce the time delays that may be caused by unusual circumstances.
- It is also required by the designers to consider the purpose of UX design so that they provide their users with the tool that will support them for getting the answers to their questions much easily and quickly.
These efforts by the designers will reduce, if not eliminate the chief usability barriers. It also means that in order to achieve this goal, it is essential to for the designers to understand how and what the capacity of the product should be and then design it accordingly so that it meets the demands and expectations of the users.
- Firstly, the designers need to consider the average amount of time taken by the users to perform a specific task whether it is checking in or checking out or making a financial transaction.
- Secondly, they should consider the number of steps to implement to complete any given task and make sure that these are all mandatory and relative to the standard.
- Thirdly, they should consider all those probable unusual situations and chances that may occur during the process, especially in those specific cases wherein typical processes usually do not apply.
- Fourthly, they should be more specific so that bot only the unusual situations are prevented but it does not cause any time delays to complete a task.
All these are very critical components for web design that can only be controlled by a successful UX designer. They will know the best ways in which these issues can be resolved and what could be done to work around it.
The Fundamental Ways
The designers must control all the UX factors that act as critical barriers. This is the most fundamental way to mitigate the lacunas in a design ad ensure high level of user experience right from the outset.
The design process should focus on the fact that the system should not be slow and there are no software issues in it. Though the designers are somewhat ignorant of the hardware issues when they design an app for a smartphone, they still must be very mindful of some of the fundamental aspects of system hardware.
Fewer web design standards are in place in this industry but there is no place for any slow system in it. It is for this reason the keypad input is now replaced with the touchscreen input which results in a faster transaction and a more pleasurable and better user experience.
Ensure Better Communication
The communication with all other devices should be clear and definite of any design. This means it not only should be compatible with all devices but should also be easy to navigate. Complicated navigation will take a longer time than usual to complete any basic task which will in turn reduce the user experience. A simple and straight forward navigation involves standard flow for searching for products, easy browse feature and much more.
Easy navigation will also involve hierarchy using a category-based menu mean. This may take a few seconds more, but this will ensure that the users do not get lost while completing a task. Therefore, it will in turn elevate the user experience. All this will let your product pass the usability test and make your product stand out from the others.