Facebook Log In Sign In Tutorial For Login Errors
Facebook is undoubtedly the largest social networking website worldwide. It is an American-based social networking and online social medial sharing website. Facebook allows its registered users to share texts, comments, images, GIFs and videos, share the multimedia content with friends and group members and also post links to interesting news, blogs and articles from other websites. Facebook has become the ultimate social media app for smartphone users too, as it allows to chat live with your friends and family from anywhere using audio or audio-video calling features.
Facebook was founded in February 2004 by Harvard students Mark Zuckerberg and Eduardo Saverin, Chris Hughes, Andrew McCollum and Dustin Moskovitz. Facebook is part of the Big Four from American tech companies, apart from Google, Apple and Amazon.
Here are some quick facts from an interesting report by Hub Spot* so that you can understand the expansive operation and the increasing popularity of Facebook:
- Revenue is impressive – Facebook pegged its annual revenue, for the year ending June 2019, at $62 billion according to its quarterly report.
- Annual growth is excellent – Facebook reported an annual increase of an impressive 41% for 2018.
- Information repository – Facebook served as a portal of information for at least 56% of visitors in 2018.
- Mobile friendliness – Currently, over 96% of Facebook users access the social media service with their smartphones.
- Credibility enhancement – Resolving growing concern, Facebook reportedly identified around 3% to 4% of regular users had fake profiles created and deleted over 88 million suspected account in the beginning of 2018.
- Users are increasing – Facebook reported an average increase of 8% year-on-year with over 1.59 billion daily active users on the website in 2018.
- Desktop popularity – The company also reported that over 1.47 billion users use their desktops to connect to Facebook.
How to Sign in to Facebook via Desktop Browser
If you already have an active Facebook account, then read the simple steps given below to know how to sign in to Facebook via desktop browser:
- Open your favorite browser and enter – https://www.facebook.com – in the URL before hitting Enter
- Once the Facebook login/sign-up page is loaded successfully, simply scroll the mouse to the “Email of Phone” title on the upper right-hand corner of your browser screen and click in the blank fields below to enter your Facebook username and then proceed to enter your password under the “Password” button
- Once you have correctly entered your user credentials, then simply click on “Log In” button on the extreme right
These three simple steps will automatically open your Facebook account on your browser.
How to “Login to Facebook” via Android App
If you already have an account, then follow these simple steps to know how to login to Facebook via Android app:
- Open Google Play Store, search and download the verified and updated version of the Facebook app
- Once the app is downloaded and installed successfully, tap on the icon to open it
- Enter your Facebook user ID/Email account and password in the relevant fields and press “Next”
If your username and password combination is correct, the app will immediately take you to your Facebook timeline.
How to Log into Facebook via iOS App
If you are an Apple user and have a Facebook account, then read these steps to know how to login to Facebook via iOS app:
- Tap on “Settings” option of the iPhone/iPad
- Scroll down the list that displays next and tap on “Facebook” icon
- Next, tap on “User Name” field and enter your current and active Facebook username and press Return key on your smartphone to begin entering the relevant password (the option to sign in with your phone number will not be available here) before tapping on “Sign In” button below
- Choose to allow conditions of display in the next screen before tapping on the “Sign In” button on the upper right-hand corner of your mobile screen
- Allow your iPhone/iPad to sync and update contacts with Facebook by tapping on “Update All Contacts” button below
Once your contact information is updated between Facebook and your iOS device, the next screen displays the user timeline and is ready for use.
How to Create a Facebook Account? (Desktop)
There may be circumstances that may have prevented you from opening a Facebook account. If you are not already a user or wish to create an alternate account, then read these steps to learn how to create a Facebook account using your desktop:
- Open your favorite browser from your desktop and type in – https://www.facebook.com – in the URL section before hitting Enter
- Once the web page is loaded successfully, you will see a title “Create an account” clearly on the right hand of the browser screen
- The right hand side of the Facebook main page displays a list of blank fields with titles, such as “First Name”, “Surname”, “Mobile number or email address” and “New password” which you will need to click and fill accordingly
- Next, fill in your date of birth and select your gender
- Then click on the “Sign Up” button below
- Facebook sends a verification OTP on your mobile phone, and a confirmation email on your email address, which you will need to enter/click respectively
This simple step-wise procedure is easy enough to open your own Facebook account using your desktop browser only.
Here is a complete list of Facebook features and Facebook applications:
- News Feed – The news feed is the main method that users are broadcasted all posts on Facebook. The News Feed feature selects a few top relevant/trending posts from updated ones and displays it in a list to users every time their Facebook profile page is refreshed.
- Friends – The Friends feature is a basic yet innovative feature of the popular social networking site. By sending a simple “Friend Request” you can establish contacts with known and new people from all around the world on Facebook.
- Timeline – Replacing the Wall feature in Facebook in 2011, the Timeline feature. This innovative display system showed content categorized according to preceding date, month and year. It also introduced “Cover” images that were clear to see on top of the user’s profile. This feature allows visitors to see the number of friends, likes and photos on the left-hand panel while the stories posted by friends was displayed clearly on the larger, right-hand panel of the screen.
- Likes & Reactions – Facebook initially introduced the “Like” button in 2009 for users to show the post-owner that they liked the particular post before Facebook added the “Comments” section in 2010. Eventually, Facebook evolved these features and included “reaction” emojis, including Love, Ha Ha, Sad, Wow and Angry.
- Comment GIFS – Facebook recently added the ability to attach a GIF in the comments section on posts, which has become one of its most commonly-used features today.
- Inbox & Messaging – Facebook Messenger is an Instant Messaging service/software which was first introduced in 2008 by the company into its Facebook Chat feature. In 2010, Facebook Messenger was launched as a smartphone app for Android and iOS phones users as a standalone features.
- Notifications – Facebook Notifications service notifies users when a new post is updated on their timeline, when they receive a like/reaction/comment on posts, when an event is coming close, etc.
- Groups – Facebook allows users to create special groups for interacting with other like-minded people, on almost any subject. Group members can post content, and comment on posts within the group.
The impressive performance and popularity of Facebook makes it one of the must-have online connections today. We will assume that you already have an existing Facebook account. If, for any reason, you are not already a user, then it is highly-recommended to create a Facebook account as soon as possible.
Related Search Terms
- How Do I Log Into My Facebook Account
- How To Log Into Facebook Account
- I Can’t Log In To Facebook, What To Do
- How To Use Facebook Login On Your Website
- Facebook.com Login Sign In
- Facebook Sign Up New Account
- Facebook.com Login Sign In
- Facebook.com Login Sign Up
- Facebook Login In Tutorial