10 Highly Efficient Backend Technologies For Your Website
With the advent of the internet, it has now become easier for people with a limited budget to enjoy global business presence with the help of a website. How has it impacted the economic growth of individuals and nations can be an interesting topic for research? However, just creating a website is not enough. You need to publish it to gain tangible benefits out of the same. It is a widely known fact you need to buy domain and web hosting plan to publish your website globally. But did you know that several backend technologies help in creating the foundation for your website and allow it to work smoothly by meeting its fluctuating demands? Unlike front end technologies, they are not glamorous but without them, it is simply not possible to build and run the websites. In this article we are going to discuss some of the most trusted tools employed by the backend developers to create a solid foundation for your website ecosystem:
Back-end developers—at least for web development—also need to be good with server-side languages for the technology stack they are using.
PHP is globally recognized and respected as a highly trusted server-side scripting language. Its versatility, ease of use, and reliable assistance offer it a distinct position in the market. Its popularity and competence can be gauged from the fact that the majority of hosting sites offer it as an integrated part of their hosting packages to their clients.
Several user-friendly frameworks like Laravel, Symfony and Yii Framework are based on a PHP script. The distinct qualities of PHP script enable these frameworks to take the complexity out of application development process by facilitating rapid task execution and improving the workflow.
- Intuitive and much simpler than other languages
- You don’t require compilation as it is a interpreted
- Compared to other popular languages it is much faster.
- Free downloading
- It supports all popular platforms including Windows, Unix, Linux, and others
Along with a shorter learning curve, the Python is also credited with fast performance and quick deployment that makes it a preferable choice for the novice developers. It is packed with high caliber and is also employed in various ambitious development projects with high-end objectives. Two popular real-life examples of Python framework include pyramid and Django.
- Reasonably shorter learning curve
- Easy to understand/interpret
- Cross-platform capabilities. …
- Object-Oriented Language
- Reduces time and efforts
#3. Ruby on Rails
Employed by thousands of web developers for creating dynamic sites, the Ruby on Rails is a 10+ years old OS web application framework that has constantly been evolving to add agility, ease, and efficiency to the development process. It would be interesting to know that some of the prominent websites like Groupon, Airbnb, and Bloomberg are developed using Ruby on Rails.
- Symbol Garbage Collector reduces possibilities of attacks (by preventing the passing of symbols)
- Modest memory consumption
- Turbolinks boosts the page loading speed
- Has new space (for saving new objects) and old space (for storing oldest objects when the new memory fills up) for wise heap memory management
- Central Memory Management System
- Event-driven I/O model that doesn’t block
- Performance consistency
- High scalability
Laravel combines ease with efficiency and its versatility has allowed it to emerge as the go-to option fulfilling various crucial needs of programming projects. High-end scalability has made it equally popular among freelance developers as well as globally reputed web development agencies. Whether you need basic scripting for a domestic DIY project or want to develop a colossal enterprise application with high-end capabilities- Laravel is the ideal PHP framework assuring consistent performance, quick development and hassle-free deployment. Numerous high-end projects have been accomplished using Laravel that reaffirms its reputation as an innovative PHP framework that delivers reliable performance in real-life situations.
- Protects the users against numerous security issues including Cross-site scripting, injecting malware, and other issues
- Excellent support for communication delivery requirements including comprehensive mail support as well as SMS notifications
- Offers better caches management ecosystem by supporting Redis and Memcached with intuitive steps
Developed during the final year of last century the Apache is an OS web server with excellent capabilities and sustainable performance with the age Apache has actively updated its architecture to keep pace with the latest technical developments and fluctuating needs of the clients. This progressive outlook has helped it to gain better capacities over time while the 2 decades of industry experience has allowed it to adapt time-tested techniques that meet day to day functioning requirements. No wonder around half of the global websites are powered by apache.
- Less traffic transmission between client and server
- Rapid response reduces latency and stabilizes the performance
- Offers easier and quicker Ajax calls debugging with the Firebug add-on called Firefox browser
In short, NGINX can be called the best tool to meet the diverse and varying needs of a web hosting ecosystem to assure reliable performance. A few functioning capabilities of NGINX includes balancing load, reverse proxying, data caching, web server [performance, and acting as an email proxy.
- Intuitive installation
- Quick configuration
- A quick and most ideal option to serve static files
- Users can quickly transform dynamic content into static content
- Reliable support for load balancing process
Enjoying eh global reputation as a trusted OS relational database, MySQL, is also famous an as vital part for LAMP web development stack. (Linux, Apache, MySQL and 2 major Ps (i.e. PHP, Python, and Perl. Several backend developers prefer MySQL due to the quick setup process, high flexibility, and easy access. Besides, it solidly supports different phases of project development due to its seamless scalability.
- Robust workflow management
- Reliable uptime
- Seamless scalability
- High end data security
Recognized as a competent OS object-relational database system with 15+ years of experience the PostgreSQL packs accuracy, data security, consistency, and thriving community support. It has time and again reaffirmed its position as a reliable choice not only for the OS aficionado but also for the hardcore professional developers and programmers.
- Offers business-friendly server environment with the help of Store Procedure function
- Equally supports various indexing techniques
- Enables users to use diverse replication methods including Slony-I, cascading and Streaming Replications
The popularity of MongoDB can be credited to its wisely developed features and capabilities that are user-friendly as well as professionally competent. It facilitates the process of data transmission between server and client by storing it in binary ISON format. It is an active player of the technology’s suite MEAN that is employed for web application building. For the uninformed, the MEAN is an acronym where the first letter represents MongoDB for 4 underlying technologies (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS and NodeJS
- Uncomplicated processes and functionalities
- Quick and purpose-specific scalability to support fluctuating requirements Best in class technical support
- Extensive memory usage
- High flexibility
- Maximum availability
- Provisions to supports different types of data
- Quick query Responses
- Supports distribution to multiple machines for handling voluminous data
To enjoy a consistent performance, well-built structure and smooth functioning of your website, a backend developer need to create a solid fundamental layout using several backend technologies for the purpose. They are much less popular than front-end technologies like HTML, CSS, etc, but without these backend technologies, it is simply not possible to start the website development project.